Spice things up this August with fun local events
Let the fun times continue this August by exploring local events! Here are our top picks for festivities in every UCOP location.
Have a great event or activity suggestion that’s not listed here? Post it in the comments.
- SoOakland Dayfest (August 4): Join the Oakland community for a fun-filled day that will include live music, an eclectic mix of food vendors, artisan and market vendors and a kid zone. For the 21+ crowd, there will also be a vibe lounge brought to you by a local bar, Hello Stranger.
- Hella Vegan Food Fest (August 11): Taking place at Oakland’s Jack London Square, this vegan-centric food festival will include chef demonstrations, educational opportunities about making health-conscious eating decisions and a vegan food competition for local food vendors.
- 2019 Sausalito Art Festival (August 30-September 2): Enjoy world-class art, music and wine on the Sausalito waterfront. Along with 260 fine artists from around the world, there will be live music on two stages and a new Art-Tech Pavilion, which will examine the intersection of art and technology.
- Taste of Soul Sacramento (August 10-11): Listen to soul-filled music while taking a stroll down the vendor row, which will feature top-notch artwork, soaps, handmade gifts and more. Refreshments will be available.
- 2019 Sacramento Middle Eastern Culture and Food Festival (August 17): Promote the rich heritage and culture of the Middle East with a day filled with delicious Middle Eastern food, music and performances, as well as fun activities for the whole family and opportunities to win great prizes.
- SacTown Nachos Festival (August 24): Sacramento’s biggest nachos festival is back and bigger than ever. Featuring dozens of nachos vendors with $3 specials, this festival will feature live music, semi pro wrestlers and a game area. All proceeds benefit Project Optimism, which aids children and the homeless.
- Family Health and Fun Fair (August 1): With over 40 community-based vendors connecting families and individuals to local health and community resources, this fair will help attendees engage in healthy-living activities. Don’t miss giveaways of school supplies and fresh produce.
- Paint and Sip (August 11): Join First Class Pizza & Pub in Riverside for a painting session of “Flamingo Marsh,” while enjoying drinks and refreshments. No artistic experience is necessary.
- International Food & Craft Fair (August 11): Don’t miss this family-friendly event with more than 60 artisan and crafters, traditional food vendors and various performers. An evening DJ will play a selection of international music.
- 2019 Around the World Cultural Food Festival (August 17): Take a culinary trip around the world right at home with the Around the World Cultural Food Festival. Enjoy global cuisines, traditional dance performances and ethnic arts and crafts.
Oakland – Don’t forget about Pedalfest in Jack London Square on August 3rd!
“Pedalfest is a free celebration of bikes, cycling, food, and family! Join us at Jack London Square for from 11 am to 5pm for a day of bicycle shenanigans, an amphibious bike race, dare-devil stunts, art bikes, and live music on a pedal-powered stage.”
Sounds super fun! Great suggestion.
Oakland: Free Lunchtime Concerts at Civic Center
Great suggestion – thanks!