Get ready for the Oakland Chef Throwdown!
Calling all amateur bakers, chefs and foodies: It’s time for the 2019 Chef Throwdown in Oakland!
When the weather turns cold, many of us enjoy turning up the heat in the kitchen. On Friday, Dec. 6, bring your mad-kitchen-skills masterpiece to compete in one of the following categories:
- Cookies (bar or drop)
- Gluten-free sweets
- Savory vegan
A winner from each category will receive:
- A photo with President Napolitano
- A shout-out in Link
- A UCOP-logo apron
- Bragging rights for (at least) a year
Put your skills to the test
To participate as a judge, email your name and preferred panel to email@example.com. Entries are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
Join in the fun
What: 2019 Chef Throwdown
When: Friday, Dec. 6
- 11:30 a.m. – Contestant check-in
- Bring your completed entry sheet. Do not include your name or job title in the name of your dish.
- 12 p.m. – Judge check-in
- 12:30 p.m. – Judging begins
Where: Oakland Franklin Building, Lobby One
Questions? Please contact the planning team at firstname.lastname@example.org.Chef Throwdown, holiday party