Notice of upcoming conventions
The BRC has compiled a list of conventions that will impact hotel room availability throughout the Bay Area in 2020.
If you are planning an event that will require guests to book lodging in the Bay Area, you may want to avoid overlapping with these conventions, as room rates typically increase dramatically —up to 300% — during these high-demand periods.
Travelers needing lodging during any of the dates listed below should reserve it as soon as possible.
Major conventions – 2020 calendar year
- Feb. 1-6: Photonics West (20,000 attendees)
- Feb. 24-27: RSA Conference (42,000 attendees)
- March 16-20: Game Developers Conference (28,000 attendees)
- May 4-7: IBM Think Conference (25,000 attendees)
- July 5-10: 23rd International AIDS Conference (25,000 attendees)
- July 21-23: SEMICON West (31,000 attendees)
- Aug. 31-Sep 03: VMworld (20,000 attendees)
- Oct. 4-8: Oracle OpenWorld (60,000 attendees)
- Nov. 9-12: Dreamforce (60,000 attendees)
- Nov. 25-29: 63rd San Francisco International Auto Show (250,000 attendees)
- Dec 7-11: American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting (28,000 attendees)
For UCOP travel-related questions, please contact email@example.com.Tags: BRC, hotels, travel