UCOP art projects + toilet paper roll craft ideas
The shelter-in-place mandate has offered many of our colleagues an opportunity to catch up on creative projects. Here are some of the examples you’ve shared.
Have a project to add? Email a photo to Link@ucop.edu!
Get inspired with toilet paper roll crafts
For better or worse, toilet paper has been dominating headlines — and toilet paper rolls are something we’ll all have on hand. Here are some fun projects you can do with your family, or by yourself.
- Phone stand
- Bird feeder
- Napkin rings
- Paper seedling pots
- Cherry blossom wall art
- Rose-scented sachets
- Faux metal wall art
- Jungle animals or butterflies
- Fairy house
If you or your family tries any of these crafts, please send photos to email@example.com!
ICYMI: LinkedIn Learning arts courses
In last week’s Link, we shared the following LinkedIn Learning courses for hands-on creative projects:
- 21-day drawing challenge: Flex your creative muscle for the next 21 days — regardless of your artistic skill. These fun drawing challenges encourage creative thinking through the use of drawing.
- Color for design and art: Whether you’re a graphic designer, visual artist or art aficionado, this course provides a range of fascinating insights into how color and color palettes can be used to convey emotions and experiences.
- Learning food and drink photography: If you’ve been spending much of your stay-at-home time cooking delicious meals (or viewing drool-worthy recipes on Instagram), this course shows you how to capture the beauty of your edible creations.
- Painting foundations: Acrylic: Using acrylics is the simplest and most effective way for an absolute beginner to learn how to paint successfully. This course helps you get started.
- The practicing photographer: Whether you’ve been shooting for years or need help choosing your first camera, this robust collection of photography tip videos offers an array of helpful advice.