New UCOP financial systems going live July 1
On July 1, 2020, UCOP will go live with a new financial information system (Oracle) and a new travel system (Concur). We currently use several UCLA systems that are scheduled to be retired; therefore, we are taking the opportunity to transition to financial management solutions that better fit our long-term needs. These changes are part of a larger financial systems replacement program aimed at increasing financial accountability, transparency, system integration and usability.
There will be three key changes to the way you submit requests to the Business Resource Center (BRC):
- Purchase orders and payments will be conducted through Oracle Financials Cloud, a one-stop-shop for all procurement requests, replacing UCLA BruinBuy and eliminating the various forms in ServiceNow for different types of purchases.
- Transactions will be processed using our new Chart of Accounts instead of the existing Full Accounting Unit (FAU).
- Travelers and travel proxies will use a new travel system, Concur, which will link to Connexxus for booking and will replace UCLA Express for expense reimbursement.
Register for training
Prepare for the coming changes by signing up for a live BRC training, held throughout June. Please register in advance for these courses on the UC Learning Center:
- UCOP BRC Oracle Procurement Requester Training
- Concur Travel & Entertainment
- Chart of Accounts
Webinar recordings will be available in mid-June.
You can find additional resources on the Financial Information System SharePoint site, including recorded information sessions, quick reference guides and frequently asked questions.
Questions? Contact FinancialInformationSystem@ucop.edu.Tags: chart of accounts, financial information system, travel