10 Second Bio: Sujit Thapa, recovering engineer

Sujit Thapa

Sujit Thapa, Policy and Program Analyst, Student Financial Support

Sujit Thapa’s interests are multidimensional: world affairs, travel and trekking, soccer, mentoring youth, world music, reading, organizing events geared for the common good… and so forth. Meet Sujit.

Name: Sujit Thapa

Title: Policy and Program Analyst

Department/Unit: Student Financial Support

Location: Franklin Building, Oakland

When I started working at UCOP: August 2016

What I do in 15 words or less: Perform research analysis to create recommendations that help craft impactful financial aid policies for UC students

The best part about working for OP: Working with wonderful and smart people who have a passion to work for the public good.

Something you don’t know about me: I am a recovering engineer who switched to a public policy career. Prior to joining UC, I worked on an alternative energy venture in Nepal, developed leadership and entrepreneurship programs for youth and supported my father’s national political campaign.

One weird fact about the town I grew up in: I grew up in Kathmandu, Nepal, with major Hindu and Buddhist temples that are visited by people from around the world. I found out recently that Keanu Reeves’ movie “Little Buddha” was filmed near my home.

If I could have any job in the world (besides the one I have now), I would be: The leader of a global leadership and innovation institute, a position that would require me to travel around the world to educate youth, enabling them to transform societies.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The 10-Second Bio is one of Link’s most popular features, and for a good reason.

We all like to learn about our colleagues — what they do and enjoy about working at UCOP and what makes them tick. If you’ve never submitted a bio, we invite you to do so. It only takes a few minutes and it’s an easy, fun way for us all to get to know the people we work with.

Submit your 10-Second Bio to Link!

Tags: ,