Volunteers clean the UCOP Franklin building in Oakland
On Monday, June 1, when UC Security Guard Lee West returned to work following the weekend’s protests, he was surprised to find a small group of people cleaning graffiti from the UCOP Franklin Building. UCOP is extremely grateful to these local volunteers for their work on behalf of our workplace and community.
The cleanup was organized by local volunteers, including:
- Charlese Banks, founder, The Town Experience
- Lili Gangas, chief technology community officer, Kapor Center
- Steve Snider, executive director, Oakland Central
- Ambassadors from Uptown & Downtown central business districts
- We are “Oakland SmallBizTaskForc.e” — COVID-19 pandemic & protest response team, which includes Square and ICA Fund Good Jobs
Supporters and participating local businesses included:
- 90’s Experience Museum
- Bar Shiru
- Betti Ono
- Kev Choice
- Kingston 11 Restaurant
- Occupy Love Worldwide
- Representatives from the mayor’s office
- SBVRSL Media
- Shayla Jamerson, founder, SoOakland
- Square, Pandora, Kapor Capital
Volunteers from these businesses cleaned, donated supplies or made monetary donations. Local construction companies brought building materials as well.
The Town Experience has also started a GoFundMe for impacted local businesses. You can donate here.Tags: Franklin, oakland
Hello Lee and Rhoderick and Terrence! Hope you are okay! Your OP Colleagues
And thank you volunteers for cleaning up! Who needs those SF Warriors anyway, when we have good people like you!
Thank you Very Much “The Town Experience!”
A ray of light in the middle of a dark night.
GOD Bless each of you.