Leverage your skills and experience with My UC Career
Launched in January 2018, My UC Career has helped thousands of employees throughout the UC system assess their strengths, communicate their career accomplishments and research opportunities at UC — and, you could be among them! This free online professional development tool is an excellent way to learn how you can leverage your skills and experiences to build a career at the university. Learn to highlight skills in your current role, prepare for performance reviews, better communicate your work and make connections with colleagues.
My UC Career consists of six self-paced modules:
- Personal assessment
- Online job portal for all UC job opportunities systemwide
- Resume workshop
- Telling your story
Even though we’re currently experiencing a hiring freeze, there are many resources you can take advantage of now:
- Update your resume: The resume module includes templates and samples; it can help you start from scratch or finesse a tune-up.
- Set up job alerts for new opportunities throughout UC.
- Finesse your ability to communicate about your job and skills by interviewing with a video avatar. It will record your responses via webcam so you can better understand where you might need a little help with clarifying your role.
- The module on telling your story helps you articulate what you bring to the table via a cover letter or “pitch statement.” This can be helpful during discussions with your supervisor or when networking with colleagues.
Learn more and get started
Attend a live online tutorial for My UC Career with the UCOP Learning and Development team! Register now.
- Wednesday, July 8, 9 – 10 a.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 5, 1 – 2 p.m.
Ready to check out My UC Career today? Create an account at uc.yournextstep.com. All UC employees and students can sign up with their UC email address.
For questions about My UC Career, contact email@example.com.Tags: My UC Career, professional development