Need to verify your employment? Here’s how
Do you need to verify your employment to apply for a loan, an apartment or job? Here’s how.
For employment verification
Your employment verifier (such as your bank, leasing agent or employer) can access your employment information through The Work Number — a third-party provider for employment and income verification.
To use this service, inform your verifier that UC uses The Work Number and provide them with the UC Employer Code (15975) and your Social Security Number.
Some employers may request a salary key. To provide one, follow these steps:
- Log in to The Work Number as an employee
- Enter the following information:
- UC Employer Code: 15975
- User ID: Your Social Security Number
- Personal PIN: Your birthday (MMDDYYYY).
- Select Create a Salary Key
- Provide your verifier with the six-digit salary key
To confirm your salary for your records, you can easily download a personal employment summary report through your UCPath account. To do so:
- Log in to UCPath
- Using the menu at the left, navigate to Employee Actions > Income and Taxes > Verification of Employment.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select Generate Summary Report
Your summary will be published on UC letterhead, which will include your current employment information and payroll earnings.
Note: The UCPath employment summary report will only show earnings paid through UCPath. If you previously worked at a UC location with fewer than two years of earnings processed through UCPath, your summary may be incomplete. If this is the case, submit a case through UCPath online to request an updated summary. To do so:
- Navigate to the Ask UCPath button at the upper right corner of the dashboard
- Select Submit An Inquiry > Human Resources > Human Resources Inquiry
- Enter subject, “Employment Verification Inquiry”
- In the description field, state your needs
- Verify your contact information and submit
Questions? Contact the UCPath Center at (855) 982-7284 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.Tags: employment verification, UCPath online