Celebrate National Cyber Security Month with UC!
Data breaches, phishing, information theft and other nefarious online activities are becoming more common and sophisticated. The UCOP Security team relies on you to help keep all of us safe. Now that most people are working remotely, this is more important than ever.
October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NCSAM). UC events are completely online this year and we have something for everyone! Join us for:
- A cyber-security thriller film
- A cyber escape room
- Comedic security improv
- Competitive teambuilding games, including Security Feud
- Security expert discussions on industry trends, keeping children safe online and other hot topics
- Prizes, giveaways and more
If every person tells two others, and they tell two people and those people tell two people, before long, we can take NCSAM at UC virtually viral! #BeCyberSmart and spread the word!
Mark your calendar for upcoming events
Check out our full schedule of events and be sure to register for those you’d like to attend. Here’s what to expect in our first week.
- True Eye (watch anytime, on-demand): This short cinematic thriller follows new-hire Adrian Bridges through his first day at a global AI-technology firm. Adrian’s policy orientation and security training quickly spin into suspense and intrigue as his personal AI device, Guide, starts asking him to do unethical and even dangerous things with sensitive data.
- Electronic Records Management – Now More than Ever (Oct. 1, 10-11 a.m.): Celebrate Electronics Management Day by joining UC experts in archives, records management, privacy and information security. The panel discussion will be followed by a Q&A with audience members.
- Hate Passwords? You’re Not Alone (Oct. 5, 12-1 p.m.): There are few things in the world more ubiquitously despised than passwords. How did we get ourselves in this situation, and does any of this even help from a security point-of-view?
- Q & A with John Pescatore, Director of Emerging Threats, SANS Institute (Oct. 6, 10-11 a.m.): Learn the top three security issues hitting organizations this year. UCSF IT Security Operations Manager Ken Newton will delve deeper into areas of particular interest.
- Zoom Security & Cool New Features (Oct. 7, 10-11 a.m.): Learn more about using Zoom, including cool new features you might not know about yet.
- FireEye Presents – Cybersecurity & Safety for Families (Oct. 7, 1-2 p.m.): The fully connected digital world has made it a lot easier for the bad guys to attack us in ways we have never had to deal with before. Beyond email, this includes Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter, text messages and so many other communications avenues. All families need to understand how criminals are trying to reach them — and how to protect themselves.
Stay tuned for more news, events and information for this year’s event and stay safe. And, show your support for NCSAM at UC by downloading one of our Zoom backgrounds.
For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you to Cecelia Finney for organizing the NCSAM resources listed in the article in collaboration with the Systemwide Security Awareness workgroup (members from numerous UC Locations).Tags: cyber security, National Cyber Security Awareness Month, systemwide