Master SharePoint document management
SharePoint is a powerful tool to manage documents and other files by providing secured, web-based document libraries. There are many features of libraries that can make your SharePoint experience a success, but it is equally important to understand the common pitfalls to avoid.
On Tuesday, Nov. 17 from 1:30-4 p.m., attend a workshop to take a deep dive into SharePoint’s document management features, including those that are often overlooked or underutilized. We’ll also share best practices to help you make the most of your SharePoint user experience.
You’ll learn key features, including:
- Uploading files to SharePoint
- Checking files in and out
- Version control
- Tagging and categorization of documents
- Finding documents
- Library/document permissions
- Quick edit – bulk update of properties
- The power of views
- Panel preview and viewing in a browser
- Alerts on changes to documents
Plus best practices, like:
- Why folders are bad in SharePoint
- Benefits of metadata tagging
- Limit the number of libraries
- Keep permissions simple
- Why you should use the Title field
- File naming guidelines
- SharePoint Fundamentals Class or hands-on experience
- A desire and the time to adopt these techniques on the job
For questions, please contact the UCOP SharePoint Team at email@example.com.