A new project management class series starts soon
“Good instruction, practical application”
— Past Project Management Fundamentals participant
Have you wanted to learn project management skills to boost your career and help your team collaborate more effectively? Don’t miss the three-session course, Project Management Fundamentals.
Held Dec, 3, 11 and 15 from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., this beginner-level class will cover the basics of how to initiate, create and manage projects. Learn from popular instructor Raj Kapur! As one past participant shared, “Raj is passionate about sharing his expertise in project management. His enthusiasm provided a good balance of applying industry best practices, content and techniques/examples.”
Part 1: Initiating projects
Learn to recognize the critical importance of having a clear, shared understanding of a project at the outset by creating a comprehensive project charter, or decision document. In this course you’ll learn to identify and define:
• A project’s purpose, business value, objectives, assumptions and constraints
• The project scope, complexity and correlation to other projects and activities
• How success will be measured, and warning signs to watch for
• Stakeholders — including analyzing their priorities and impact
Part 2: Planning and estimating a project
Discover how to build a professional-grade project plan and detailed estimates. You’ll learn how to:
• Construct a breakdown of work and network diagram
• Manage and adjust scope and timeline through critical path analysis
• Create project staffing, change management and communications management plans
• Develop effort, duration and budget estimates — then calibrate them based on resource assignments.
Part 3: Scheduling and tracking a project
Learn to convert a project plan and estimates into a project schedule, and to track and communicate project status. This course will show you how to:
• Create a project schedule — and analyze it for optimization
• Understand how project management software can streamline tasks
• Conduct effective progress reviews, including evaluating vital signs and monitoring ongoing risks
For even more project-management savvy, visit LinkedIn Learning for courses on Smartsheet — learn how you can use this tool to manage a project. UCOP will also be offering Smartsheet courses in January 2021.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tags: professional development, project management, smartsheet