Learn new skills — design thinking and emotional intelligence
You’ve probably heard of design thinking and emotional intelligence, but do you know how building these skills can help you approach your work from a fresh perspective that helps your projects shine and your team thrive? Tune into these new webinars to learn how.
Emotional intelligence – attain results through people
March 23, 9:30 – 11:30 a.m. (Register by March 17)
Emotional Intelligence is the capacity to be aware of, control and express one’s emotions, as well as handling interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically. In this live webinar, you’ll:
- Gain a better understanding of the fundamentals of emotional intelligence, including how to enhance your self-awareness through reflection and mindfulness practices
- Discover how self-awareness can lead to self-management, enabling you to respond effectively to people and events rather than reactively
- Learn to deepen social awareness to be more effective in relating to people, motivating them, managing difficult situations, managing conflict and more
- Formulate strategies and behaviors to cultivate, develop and turn these skills into ongoing practices
Register to learn about emotional intelligence
Design thinking to focus, collaborate and play
March 23, 1-3 p.m. (Register by March 17)
Design thinking helps build your ability to think creatively and work collaboratively to solve significant problems. In this hands-on, online workshop, you’ll:
- Understand the key aspects of design thinking including working with your stakeholders to co-create innovative solutions together
- Work together on a design challenge: How to design a work environment that encourages collaboration while also minimizing interruptions
- Learn valuable tips and techniques for collaborating and problem-solving in the workplace and beyond
Register to learn about design thinking
More classes to build your skills
For a current listing of all UCOP professional development courses, visit the Link Classes and Workshops page. If you need training that’s not currently offered, request a class.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.
Tags: design thinking, emotional intelligence, professional development