UCOP Ombudsperson Bodi Regan will teach conflict-resolution courses
In January, UCOP opened an Ombuds Office — a resource to help employees resolve workplace conflict in a safe and confidential manner — led by Interim Ombudsperson Bodi Regan. Now, Bodi will share his conflict-resolution knowledge with UCOP employees through two upcoming learning opportunities. Select each course name to register for a live virtual session. Registering for both courses is recommended; however, courses can be taken individually.
May 13, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Learn about the five conflict-resolution styles and how and when to use them to reach your goals, enhance your relationships and improve your performance at work.
Using the Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Style Model, you’ll:
- Learn which conflict-resolution approach you are using too much, too little or just right
- Achieve greater self-awareness about your conflict-resolution behavior
- Identify the pros and cons of each style, and when to deploy each
- Adopt more effective behaviors to fit your goals and the needs of various conflict situations
June 24, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Learn about a powerful model and assessment tool that can be used to better understand and resolve problems and conflicts across cultural differences — the Intercultural Conflict Styles (ICS®) Inventory.
A week before the class begins, all participants will receive a link to take the ICS Inventory — an 18-item questionnaire that will assess your approach to communicating, resolving conflicts and solving problems.
During the workshop, you will:
- Discuss the results of your ICS Inventory
- Learn the four quadrants of intercultural conflict resolution — Discussion, Engagement, Accommodation and Dynamic
- Reflect on the role of emotions and their emotional reactions during disagreements
- Gain an intercultural understanding of communication and conflict resolution
- Identify and adapt to different intercultural conflict styles in the workplace
For questions about these courses, or to request training on a particular topic, contact email@example.com.Tags: Bodi Regan, conflict resolution, ombudsperson