New webinar highlights Global Accessibility Awareness Day
Digital accessibility isn’t just for coders or web designers. All of us can do something in our daily work to make the world more accessible and inclusive for people who may have disabilities, whether temporary or permanent.
May 20 is Global Accessibility Awareness Day, and the UC Electronic Accessibility Committee is hosting a webinar to show us what we can do.
This will be a fast-paced webinar, with the following 15-minute sessions:
- An empathy session featuring a UC student and a staff member with disabilities
- Tips for making accessible documents, videos and websites
- Video captioning demystified
- Buying accessible technology
- Legal considerations for accessibility
- Taking advantage of free online courses on accessibility
What: Accessibility Is for Everyone: Global Accessibility Awareness Day 2021
When: May 20, 2021, 10 – 11:30 a.m.
Where: Register for the GAAD webinar
The webinar is open to anyone. It will be live-captioned and recorded. Please submit any accommodations needs or questions to Yvonne Tevis.
For more information about digital accessibility, be sure to browse the UC Electronic Accessibility website.Tags: online accessibility