Third UC Wildfire Symposium will focus on wildfire’s impacts on society
The third UC Wildfire Symposium organized by UC Research and Innovation (R&I) will focus on wildfire’s impacts on society. Join us on Wednesday, Sept. 22, from 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. (PT). Register online here.
Featured speakers include:
- Chair Cecilia Estolano, Chair, UC Board of Regents
- Assemblymember Richard Bloom, District 50
- Commissioner Ricardo Lara, California Department of Insurance
- Dr. Frank Kanawha Lake, Research Ecologist, U.S. Forest Service
- Secretary Karen Ross, California Department of Food and Agriculture
All panels will include a Q&A session.
- Keynote Session: California State Assembly Perspective
- Panel 1: The Economics and Risk of Wildfire
- Panel 2: Culture, Science, and Policy: Alternative Perspectives on Wildfire Management
- Panel 3: Disproportionate Impacts of Wildfire
Register online here
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing a unique link to the webinar. Please do not share it with others.
Watch recordings of our past symposia
Symposium 1: June 4, 2021
Symposium 2: July 28, 2021
For questions, contact Beth.Kellman@ucop.edu.Tags: UC Wildfire Symposium, wildfires