Take your skills to the next level with workshops for new and advanced project managers
Whether you’re officially in a project-management role or unofficially manage projects for your team, if you’re a project manager, you won’t want to miss these upcoming live virtual workshops! Select each course name to register.
Nov. 4, 10 & 18, 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. (PT)
Prerequisite: Completion of Microsoft Projects Level I, or previous project management classes using MS Project.
This three-part series is led by the Center for Project Management, a leading organization focused on project management professionals. Each session will cover a new topic, building upon the last.
Part 1: Leading and managing change
- Review and reflect on the Project Management Foundations series.
- Explore techniques to lead a thriving project team.
- Learn how to establish a project’s priorities.
- Build skills and learn a process to manage project change control.
Part 2: Risk management and quality
- Learn how to assess and manage project complexity.
- Practice a methodology to identify, prioritize, plan and manage project risks.
- Discover tools and techniques for planning and managing project quality.
Part 3: Communication and organizational change
- Explore a framework for anticipating and managing the organizational change of implementing a project.
- Build skills in activating leaders to champion your project.
- Learn how to build a communication plan and effectively engage stakeholders throughout a project.
Nov. 12, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.; Register by Nov. 8 (PT)
Offered by popular vendor People-OnTheGo, this interactive workshop is designed for professionals in all fields who want to enhance their skills to better manage projects of all kinds. While we’ll cover traditional project management concepts, this session is focused on bringing innovative insights and practical techniques to improve project management. Key topics and takeaways include:
- Project management defined
- Tasks, durations and dependencies
- Resources, availability and assignments
- Managing big, small and micro projects
- Planning and micro-planning
- Issue tracking and management
- Defining results and driving the project to completion
- Streamlining communication and collaboration
- Setting expectations and negotiation
- Project meeting facilitation
- Project management tools
Dec. 9 & 10, 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. (PT)
Designed for existing and emerging project managers — as well as anyone who is involved in projects or change management — this two-part course provides the knowledge you need to use Smartsheet to successfully initiate, execute, control and close projects. Topics include:
- Creating a base project sheet
- Working with resources
- Finalizing a project plan
- Tracking risk, issue and change requests
- Work collaboration and updating your project plan
- Reports and dashboards
Want to build your project management skills but don’t have the bandwidth to attend one of our live classes? Log into your LinkedIn Learning account to check out on-demand project management training.
For questions, contact email@example.com.
Tags: professional development, project management, smartsheet