Friendly reminder: Don’t send personal packages to work
As the holiday shopping season approaches, we wanted to send a friendly reminder that staff may not send personal packages to work.
It is prohibited to send or receive personal packages through UCOP mail services because:
- UC mail services draw on limited university funding and are reserved for official university business.
- The university cannot assume liability for personal deliveries made to UCOP.
Since all deliveries go through the mailroom for security purposes, this applies to packages sent through the U.S. Postal Service, FedEx, UPS and other couriers.
We understand that you cannot always be home to receive a package. Here are some delivery alternatives.
- Make arrangements with family or friends to receive your package while you are at work.
- In Oakland, contact these downtown vendors for pick-up options:
- Fed Ex Office Print & Ship Center, 500 12th St, Oakland
- U.S. Post Office, 1301 Clay St, Oakland
- The UPS Store, 1714 Franklin St, Oakland
- Amazon, 4193 Piedmont Ave, Oakland
- Use couriers’ optional services:
- FedEx: Customize your delivery
- U.S. Post Office: Get the mail you missed redelivered
- UPS: Change your delivery
- Amazon: Try Amazon Lockers, self-service kiosks placed in shopping centers, retail stores and transit stations. You can select an Amazon Locker as your shipping address, receive a pickup code when the package is delivered and collect your package at your convenience up to three business days after delivery.
For questions, please contact Loreaner.Lopez@ucop.edu.Tags: personal packages