Oakland employees: Look out for the Parking Demand Survey
Editor’s note: This article has been revised to reflect the updated survey timing.
UCOP employee parking at the Oakland Franklin-Broadway Campus remains free while building access is limited and we continue to work off-site due to COVID-19. Parking fees are expected to be reinstated in spring 2022 once the new campus is fully open and employees shift to on-site, hybrid and fully remote work arrangements.
As the Franklin-Broadway Campus reopens, the Building and Administrative Service Center (BASC) needs to assess employee demand to plan for parking at the campus. To gather input and to better understand parking needs, BASC requests all Oakland-based employees complete the UCOP Oakland-Based Employee Parking Survey, to be distributed by email the week of Jan. 24. Survey results will be used to:
- Determine employee demand for daily and monthly parking at the UCOP Franklin-Broadway Campus
- Gain awareness of employee parking preferences
- Identify specific employee parking needs (e.g., vehicle type, EV charging)
- Secure additional nearby employee parking as needed to meet demand
Completing this five-minute survey does not commit you to any parking option or purchase, nor does it guarantee a parking location or rate. A separate communication will outline the Oakland parking enrollment process and when enrollment will begin.
Some important facts to keep in mind as you think about your commuting options and complete the survey:
- Public transportation access: The Franklin-Broadway Campus is adjacent to BART’s 12th Street City Center station and across the street from a new station for AC Transit’s East Bay Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) system.
- Parking rate increase: Based on current operational costs and market analysis of parking locations in the downtown Oakland area, monthly rates for UCOP-issued employee parking permits will increase. This will be the first parking rate adjustment in more than 10 years, and it is necessary to operate and maintain the garage. New monthly rates are not yet final, but will remain below the current $290/month average market rate in the downtown Oakland area.
- NEW—Daily parking option: For the first time, the UCOP-managed parking garage will offer a daily parking option. The daily rate is not yet final and will be assessed based on the average market rate in the downtown Oakland area.
Please look for this survey in your email next week and provide your input to help BASC plan parking at the Franklin-Broadway Campus.
Questions? Email email@example.com.Tags: parking survey