Join the OPSA Steering Committee
Help make UCOP an even better place to work by joining your colleagues at the OP Staff Assembly (OPSA) Steering Committee!
OPSA supports, advances, champions and protects the interests of UCOP staff by encouraging communication between staff and the administration and other members of the university community, in accordance with California laws and Regental policy. Our activities provide forums where staff at all levels can discuss issues of mutual concern, and offer opinions and recommendations on policies, processes and programs.
If you’re interested in learning more about OPSA and its committees, please join OPSA for an open house via Zoom during the Steering Committee meeting on Wednesday, May 11 at noon PT.
Wondering if the OPSA Steering Committee would be a good fit for you? Here are some impressions from current members:
“I’m Nicola Gruen and have been serving on OPSA since 2020. I like participating in OPSA because it allows me to be connected to a community of passionate people who thrive on making a difference for UCOP staff. I encourage you to add your name to the pool to either participate as a member or serve on a committee.”
“I’m Erica Stevenson and I work at UCPath as benefit associate. This is my first year serving on OPSA and I’m also a junior Council of UC Staff Assemblies (CUCSA) delegate. I joined OPSA to be able to support staff in bringing their concerns and questions to a safe space. It is important for staff to be heard, and it is my passion to be a voice for my colleagues. I have enjoyed the chance to be a part of OPSA to show others at UCPath that we have opportunities to support one another. “
To apply to join the Steering Committee, or to nominate a colleague, download an application and submit the completed form to OPSA by May 26. All UCOP staff will have an opportunity to vote upon candidates and select the winners. For questions, contact OPStaffAssembly@ucop.edu.
2022 Election Timeline
- Monday, May 9 — Nominations open
- Tuesday, May 31 — Nominations/Application deadline
- Friday, June 3 — Candidate profiles and statements will be available online
- Friday, June 3 — Voting begins!
- Tuesday, June 7 — Candidates are announced in Link
- Wednesday, June 8 at 12 p.m. (PT) — Candidate Meet ‘n Greet (all staff welcome)
- Friday, June 17 — Voting deadline
- Tuesday, June 28 — New OPSA Steering Committee members are announced in Link
- Wednesday, July 13 — First OPSA Steering Engagement Meeting with new members
Tags: OPSA, OPSA elections, OPSA steering committee