Build your leadership skills while serving colleagues on the OPSA Steering Committee

The OP Staff Assembly (OPSA) supports, advances, champions, and protects the interests of staff at the University of California, Office of the President, by encouraging communication between staff, the administration and other members of the university community, in accordance with California laws and Regental policy. Our activities provide forums where staff at all levels can discuss issues of mutual concern, and offer opinions and recommendations on policies, processes and programs.

Perspectives from OPSA members

Wondering if the OPSA Steering Committee is a good fit for you? Here’s what some current members have said:

• Nicola Gruen: “I have been serving on the OPSA Steering Committee since 2020. It allows me to be connected to a community of passionate people who thrive on making a difference for UCOP staff. I encourage you to add your name to the pool to either participate as a member or serve on a committee.”
  • Erica Stevenson: “I work at UCPath as a benefits associate. This is my first year serving on the OPSA Steering Committee and I’m also a junior CUCSA delegate. I joined OPSA to be able to support staff so they could bring their concerns and questions to a safe space. It is important for staff to be heard, and it is my passion to be a voice for them. I have enjoyed the chance to be a part of OPSA to show my colleagues at UCPath that we have opportunities to support each other.”

Apply or nominate a colleague

Steering Committee members apply to join or are nominated by a colleague. To get started download an application and submit the completed form to OPSA by this Friday, June 3rd. All UCOP staff will have an opportunity to vote upon candidates and select the winners.

2022 Election Timeline

• May 10: Nominations open
  • June 3: Application/nomination deadline
  • June 6: Candidate statements and profiles will be available online
  • June 6: Voting begins
  • June 7: Candidates announced in Link
  • June 8: Candidate meet and greet during OPSA meeting (all staff welcome)
  • June 21: Voting deadline
  • June 28: New Steering Committee members announced in Link
  • July 13: First OPSA Steering Committee Meeting with new members

For questions, contact OPStaffAssembly@ucop.edu.

Tags: ,