Become a better project manager
Whatever your role, chances are that you’re involved with project management on some level. UCOP Learning and Development has many resources to help! Sign up for one of our summer classes!
Project Management for Non-Project Managers
July 19, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. (Register by July 13)
Offered by People-OnTheGo, this interactive workshop is designed for professionals in all fields who want to enhance their skills to better manage projects of all kinds. While we’ll cover traditional project management concepts, this session is focused on bringing innovative insights and practical techniques to improve project management. Key topics and takeaways include:
- Tasks, durations and dependencies
- Resources, availability and assignments
- Planning and managing big, small and micro-projects
- Issue tracking and management
- Defining results and driving the project to completion
- Streamlining communication and collaboration, including expectations and negotiation
- Project management tools and meeting facilitation
Microsoft Project Tips for Project Management
July 28, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. (Register by July 25)
If you use Microsoft Project to manage projects and tasks, this course is for you! New and current project managers will learn time-saving tricks, ways to increase collaboration and more effective project management. Plus, learn how to streamline projects for more efficient management.
For all upcoming classes and workshops, visit ucop.edu/classes.Tags: professional development, project management