Temporary COVID-19 guidance for UCOP-sponsored events and meetings
As more of us hold and attend in-person meetings and events, it’s important for us to follow protocols that help mitigate the potential spread of COVID-19.
The COVID-19 response team has put in place temporary guidelines for all UCOP-sponsored events and meetings held at UCOP facilities and non-UCOP-managed locations effective July 20th. These protocols will be in effect until further notice and adjusted as needed to respond to evolving public health conditions.
Highlights of the temporary guidelines:
- The guidelines apply to all UCOP-sponsored events at UCOP-managed facilities.
- It’s strongly advised to follow UCOP COVID-19 protocols for UCOP-sponsored events and meetings at non-UCOP-managed locations (e.g., campuses, external venues), but it’s not required.
- Guidance and materials are included for meeting organizers to manage COVID-19 protocols. Meeting organizers serve a vital role in making sure attendees – both UCOP employees and others – understand what’s expected and meet the requirements each day of the event or meeting.
- Meeting organizers are required to follow protocols for events/meetings that include non-UCOP attendees and/or are over 20 attendees.
- Events or meetings with over 50 attendees or those held in the Broadway Conference Center now require approval prior to being scheduled by filling out the UCOP-sponsored even request form.
The full guidance can be found on the Temporary UCOP-Sponsored Event and Meeting COVID-19 Protocols webpage including the corresponding template for Meeting Organizers.
Questions? Email UCOP-COVID19-Response@ucop.edu.Tags: COVID-19, events, face masks