Join the Center for Project Management in upcoming workshops
Regardless of your field, project management skills are an asset to any career portfolio. And, there’s never been a better time to hone yours! This November, UCOP staff will have an opportunity to learn project management skills from the pros when the Center for Project Management leads a three-workshop series.
Popular instructor Raj Kapur will lead all sessions. As one past participant shared, “Raj is passionate about sharing his expertise in project management. His enthusiasm provided a good balance of applying industry best practices, content, techniques and examples.”
Classes will take place virtually on Nov. 2, Nov. 9 and Nov. 16 from 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. (PT).
Nov. 2: Initiating projects
Learn to recognize the critical importance of having a clear, shared understanding of a project at the outset by creating a comprehensive project charter, or decision document. In this course you’ll learn to identify and define:
• A project’s purpose, business value, objectives, assumptions and constraints
• The project scope, complexity and correlation to other projects and activities
• How success will be measured, and warning signs to watch for
• Stakeholders — including analyzing their priorities and impact
Nov. 9: Planning and estimating a project
Discover how to build a professional-grade project plan and detailed estimates. You’ll learn how to:
• Construct a breakdown of work and network diagram
• Manage and adjust scope and timeline through critical path analysis
• Create project staffing, change management and communications management plans
• Develop effort, duration and budget estimates — then calibrate them based on resource assignments.
Nov. 16: Scheduling and tracking a project
Learn to convert a project plan and estimates into a project schedule, and to track and communicate project status. This course will show you how to:
• Create a project schedule — and analyze it for optimization
• Understand how project management software can streamline tasks
• Conduct effective progress reviews, including evaluating vital signs and monitoring ongoing risks
Visit LinkedIn Learning for on-demand project-management training.
Questions? Email email@example.com.Tags: professional development, project management, Raj Kapur