UCOP launches new version of UCOPAlert emergency notification system

This week, UCOP is replacing the platform that supports UCOPAlert, our employee emergency notification system. In the new platform, RAVE, all UCOP employees will be automatically enrolled in the system with their UCOP email and phone number.

The update aligns with CalOES’ implementation of the RAVE Mobile Safety platform, which is fully funded by the state to support higher education institutions’ emergency response capabilities. UC Merced has already fully implemented this platform.

On Thursday, Sept. 21, you will receive an email with instructions to confirm/update your UCOPAlert profile. This message will come from UCOPAlert “ucop@getrave.com.” Next week, all staff will receive a UCOP-wide test message to help us make sure that the system is working properly.

What do I need to do?

• Log into the system using your single sign-on credentials at getrave.com/login/ucop.
  • Make sure that your profile is accurate. Your UCOP email address and work number are automatically enrolled in the system.
  • Add your work cellphone number and/or personal cellphone number to receive emergency notification text messages and decide whether to enable voice message delivery. This is important because text messages are the fastest way to get notified in an emergency.

If I previously had a UCOPAlert account, do I need to reenroll my cellphone number and personal email?

Yes. Please log into your account to add your preferred personal contact information.

I have a UCOP-issued work cellphone. Is this number automatically included in my UCOPAlert account?

No; but you can add your work cellphone to your account.

I work remotely and use a personal cellphone. Is this number included in my UCOPAlert account?

No. Only telephone numbers listed in the UCOP directory are included in UCOPAlert. If you work remotely, we recommend that you add your cellphone.

Can I opt out of emergency notifications?

You cannot opt out of receiving notification to your UCOP email; however, it is up to you whether you would like to add personal contact information. We strongly recommend you input the best cellphone number to reach you in UCOPAlert.

Who can I contact for additional assistance?

Please reach out to Darryl R. Brown, assistant director, Facilities Management.

Tags: , ,

Comments ( 2 )

Have Something To Say ?

1. Joan-Mary Arboly January 31, 2024 Reply

Please include me in the UUCOP Alert. Thank you

• Link editor February 2, 2024 Reply

Hi Joan-Mary. UCOP Safety is working on updating the UCOPAlert system. Once they’ve done so, all staff will be auto-subscribed. Please contact ucopsecurity@ucop.edu if you have any further questions.