Please don’t send personal mail and packages to work
The holiday shopping season has arrived! As you send greetings and shop this holiday season, please remember that staff may not send or receive personal mail and packages to and from work. This is because:
- UCOP mail services draw on limited university funding and are reserved for official university business.
- The university cannot assume liability for personal deliveries made to UCOP.
Since all deliveries go through the mailroom for security purposes, this applies to packages sent through the U.S. Postal Service, FedEx, UPS and other couriers.
We understand that you cannot always be home to receive a package. Here are some delivery alternatives.
- Make arrangements with family or friends to receive your package while you are at work.
- In Oakland, contact these downtown vendors for pick-up options:
— FedEx Office Print & Ship Center, 500 12th St, Oakland
— U.S. Post Office, 1301 Clay St, Oakland
— The UPS Store, 1714 Franklin St, Oakland
— Amazon lockers, various locations throughout Oakland
- Use couriers’ optional services:
• FedEx: Customize your delivery
• U.S. Post Office: Get the mail you missed redelivered
• UPS: Change your delivery
• Amazon: Try Amazon Lockers, self-service kiosks placed in shopping centers, retail stores and transit stations.
For questions, please contact Loreaner.Lopez@ucop.edu.Tags: holiday shopping, mail, mailroom, packages