Join LaSA for an event with UC Alianzia MX — plus a tasty bake sale
Looking for a way to get involved at UCOP? Consider joining the UCOP Latinx Staff Association (LaSA) for two upcoming events — one virtual and one in Oakland!
Virtual event: LaSA Charla de la Tarde: UC Alianza MX
On Thursday, Nov. 29, from 12:10 – 1 p.m. (PT), LaSA will welcome the leaders of UC Alianza MX for a Charla de la Tarde (afternoon chat). They will share an overview of how Alianza MX works to further connections between the University of California, the United States and Mexico, including by:
- Supporting UC’s role as Mexico’s primary institutional research and scientific partner
- Mobilizing talent and funding for US-Mexico research teams, who explore new ideas and create new knowledge across diverse areas — from STEM to social science, the arts and humanities
- Contributing to UC’s efforts to train a future generation of researchers who understand the reality on both sides of the border
- Creating binational, action-research programs that provide innovative solutions to complex challenges facing the United States and Mexico around issues relating to the environment, health safety, migration, transportation and infrastructure
- Promoting an innovation and entrepreneurship agenda for economic and social prosperity
- Fostering a binational workforce, through two-way US-Mexico student and professor mobility programs
- Engaging with stakeholders on both sides of the border to build resilient and informed public policies, advancing the US-Mexico cooperation agenda
Featured speakers include:
- Andrea Galván Vélez, Associate Director, Academic Exchange, Continuing Education
- Julianna Hernandez, Associate Director, Operations
- Julio Sosa, Academic and Research Programs Officer
Join by Zoom
— Zoom link: https://ucop.zoom.us/j/98156073819
— Meeting ID: 981 5607 3819
Oakland event: Churros, Chocolate y Más! LaSA Scholarship Fundraiser
On Dec. 13, from 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m., indulge in a sweet treat and help raise scholarship funds for deserving UC students! A delicious assortment of churros, hot chocolate and baked goods will be available for purchase. All proceeds will be donated to the LaSA scholarship fund and awarded to current students at UC campuses to help offset their educational costs.
For questions about these events, contact: Apri Medina.
Tags: bake sale, Charla de la Tarde, LaSA, UC Alianza MX