Group 4 (UCPath) SharePoint sites are moving to the cloud on Dec. 11
Attention SharePoint users: If you’re part of Group 4 for UCPath, your sites are moving to the cloud on Dec. 11, 2023.
On July 25, 2023, we notified you that as part of the ongoing initiative to enhance security and streamline user experience, ITS is planning to move all SharePoint sites to SharePoint Online, a cloud-based platform. Starting Dec. 10, 2023, the UCOP SharePoint team, along with appointed site administrators within Group 4 for UCPath, will be working with our third-party vendor to ensure the success of this transition.
Please refer to SharePoint site collections to view which sites will be part of Group 4 for UCPath which is scheduled to move to production, as indicated below:
|Moves to Production
Once the migration is complete, the existing Group 4 SharePoint sites for UCPath will be redirected to the new SharePoint Online sites. (For example, https://sp.ucop.edu will be redirected to https://ucofficeofthepresident.sharepoint.com.) This redirection will remain in place until December 2025; however, we recommend you begin moving your teams to use the new URL as soon we cut over and not wait until 2025.
What does this mean for you?
- Your login will change.
- UCOP users will log in using their short email (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Users at other UC locations will log in using their email@example.com.
- For details, please refer to the Login Process.
- You will have until December 2025 to update favorites, bookmarks and documents with the new URLs. For your reference, see this list of the old (existing) and new site collection URLs.
- If you continue to use the old URLs after December 2025, you will receive a message indicating that the URL is invalid and directing you to use the new URL.
- There may be a change to the look and feel of your site. For details, please refer to the FAQ.
How you can help
While the SharePoint team is working with a third-party vendor to facilitate the migration, there may be areas where your support is needed when moving to production. This might involve validating areas that were not captured during user acceptance testing. We will closely collaborate with you during this transition to address any issues that arise.
Office hours are available
We will also hold office hours after your site collection is moved to production. If you wish to participate, please add this meeting invite to your calendar. Office hours are optional for end users who may have questions regarding the move to SharePoint Online.
- If you’re not sure of the type of documents you can store in SharePoint, refer to the Protection Level Classification. Please note, P3 and P4 information should not be stored in SharePoint. It should be stored in Secure Box.
- Refer to the FAQ for answers to commonly asked questions regarding the move to SharePoint Online.
If you have further questions or concerns, please reach out to the SharePoint team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you know of SharePoint users at campus locations, please forward this information to them.
Tags: SharePoint, SharePoint migration, SharePoint Online