Seeking employee comment: Presidential policy on sexual harassment and sexual violence
The university invites comments on proposed revisions to the Presidential Policy on Sexual Harassment and Sexual Violence.
Proposed policy revisions reflect requirements found in:
- The Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), reauthorized by President Obama in 2013
- Final regulations issued by the U.S. Department of Education, issued in October 2014 (to be effective July 2015)
Additionally, proposed revisions to the policy are:
- Address outstanding issues and questions dating from the original policy review process begun in fall 2013
- Assure that the policy is consistent with the efforts of President Napolitano’s Task Force on Preventing and Responding to Sexual Violence and Sexual Assault
- Improve clarity and readability, as requested during the previous 2013-14 review by faculty, students and staff
The proposed revised Presidential Policy on Sexual Harassment and Sexual Violence is located at http://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/tools-and-services/administrators/policies/proposed/shsv.pdf.
If you have any questions or if you wish to comment, please contact John Fox no later than May 1, 2015.