Registration details for Spring Workfit Program – Sign up now!
The Spring 2011 session kicked off Monday January 10 with a try-it-for-free week. No registration is required, just show up in your exercise clothes and be ready to work it.
WorkFit has something for everyone and at every level. In fact, over half of all WorkFit participants had no previous formal exercise program! If you haven’t tried it, now is the time!
Great news for Franklin WorkFitters: While the former credit union space at Franklin is undergoing remodel, the program will temporarily relocate to the CSU building at 1000 Broadway, Room 1.
New offerings at both locations are on hold until after the program moves back to the remodeled Franklin space sometime after early February. Future plans call for the addition of the wildly popular Zumba (possibly at both locations) when the program moves back to Franklin. Keep an eye on Link for the announcements.
Based on feedback from our participants, three membership options are offered for Spring. Note that all memberships are flexible allowing attendance at any class, anytime at either location:
• Full membership $50.
• Half-Session #1 $30.
• A second half-session membership (last half of the season) will be offered for $30. at a future date. Stay tuned to Link for the announcement.
• Family and friends (over age 18) can also join for the same low price!
The regular session starts January 17 so get registered now! To register, click on the appropriate below link. Choose your membership by selecting a primary location (Franklin or Kaiser) and the type of membership (Full or half session). Again, all memberships allow you to attend any class at any location without restriction.
Franklin Full Session through 04.29.2010:
Franklin Half Session 1 through 03.11.2011:
Kaiser Full Session through 04.29.2011:
Kaiser Half Session 1 through 03.11.2011:
Important notes regarding the registration process:
• The website is UC Berkeley’s: it’s a new website, new application, new database. If you have/had a CalNet account, you will still need to create a new account profile.
• List your affiliation as Community. When registering, your affiliation MUST be listed as Community. While this will prompt some additional activity including the need to accept the non-preferred pricing, not to worry as you will get the UCOP rate for this program.
• At the end of the registration and payment process, you will get a confirmation page and confirmation number. Print and retain a copy for your records.
• If you created a new account but did not pay or receive a confirmation page, you are not enrolled. Login into the registration website https://myrecreation.berkeley.edu/store/index.aspx?view=front, use the orange search bar to find UCOP programs, select the program, add to cart and complete the registration process.
Here’s the current list of classes for the Spring session, which run through April 29.
*Franklin Building Sessions (*temporarily relocated to the CSU building, 1000 Broadway, room 1)
• Stretch & Release: Monday, Wednesday & Friday, 11:30 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
• Circuit Training: Monday, Wednesday & Friday, 12:20-1:05 p.m.
• Circuit Training: Tuesday & Thursday, 11:30 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
• Crazy About Core: Tuesday & Thursday, 12:20-1:05 p.m.
Kaiser Mall Building (300 Lakeside Drive, Mall Room 260)
• Circuit Training: Monday, Wednesday & Friday, noon-12:45 p.m.
• Crazy About Core: Tuesday & Thursday, noon-12:45 p.m.
• Yoga: Tuesday & Thursday, 5:00-5:45 p.m.
More about the Classes
• Circuit Training focuses on building strength, flexibility and endurance through a series of exercises using items such as weights and stability balls.
• Crazy About Core will help strengthen the body’s center through a combination of mat work, resistance exercise, Pilates, yoga and more.
• Stretch and Release is all about stretching techniques (including yoga), trigger-point muscle release and self-massage – all focused on relieving pain and increasing mobility.
• Yoga cultivates strength, balance and flexibility through a series of fluid movements.
WorkFit is brought to you by UCOP Risk Services in partnership with UC Berkeley Recreational Sports.
Questions? Contact Larry Wong at (510) 987-9772 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Janine Crocker at (510) 987-9882 or email@example.com.