Spring WorkFit program begins this week: Give it a try for free
Just in time to help you keep your New Year’s resolutions, UCOP’s Workfit program returns this month, with a variety of classes at both Franklin and Kaiser locations.
Try it for free, starting this week. You don’t need to register; just show up! And don’t be discouraged if you are a beginner or have any activity or movement restrictions; WorkFit instructors can work with you to accommodate any ability level.
Three membership options will be offered for the spring 2014 session:
- Membership for the full spring session, at $50, allows you to attend as many classes as you wish at either location through Thursday, April 24.
- A half-session membership, at $30, covers unlimited classes at either location for the first half of the session through Thursday, Feb. 27.
- A second half-session membership, also at $30, allows you to attend unlimited classes at both locations from Monday, March 3, through Thursday, April 24.
Family and friends over age 18 are welcome to join for the same low price. For class schedules at both sites and registration information, please see the Risk Services website and refer to the WorkFit calendars at the bottom of the page.
About the classes
- Circuit Training focuses on building strength, flexibility and endurance through a series of exercises using weights, stability balls and other tools.
- Crazy about Core helps strengthen the body’s center through a combination of mat work, resistance exercise, Pilates, yoga and more.
- Stretch and Release incorporates stretching techniques (including yoga) with trigger-point muscle release and self-massage, all focused on relieving pain and increasing mobility.
- Yoga cultivates strength, balance and flexibility through a series of fluid movements.
- Zumba is a cardio dance workout to the beat of Latin music.
WorkFit is sponsored by UCOP Risk Services in partnership with UC Berkeley Recreational Sports.
Questions? Contact Janine Crocker at 510-987-9882 or email@example.com.