UCnet, new site for staff and retirees, aims to make your life easier
UCOP launched a new website last week that aims to make life easier for faculty, staff and retirees.
The new site, UCnet, is the fruit of more than two years of development by OP’s communications team and is part of a broader strategic initiative to improve the usefulness of the university’s main systemwide websites.
UCnet is meant to make it simpler for employees and retirees to keep up with what’s happening at UC, find information about benefits and policies and quickly access personal accounts. It’s also designed to allow users to learn about and engage with colleagues around the system and build a stronger sense of community.
UCnet replaces At Your Service as the source of information about benefits and the portal to At Your Service Online and Fidelity Retirement Savings accounts. At Your Service Online, the password-protected portal that employees and retirees use to access their personal pay and benefits information, continues to exist.
UCnet also offers timely news about UC and a wide array of tools and resources, such as a gateway to systemwide data and interest groups.
Put another way, all the news and information on benefits that employees and retirees are used to finding on At Your Service is readily available on UCnet. The search function on the site is much better than At Your Service, so finding essential information should be easy.
UCnet will maintain a lively presence on Twitter, and those who use the social media site can receive news updates and alerts by following @UC_net. Readers can comment on stories and share them via Facebook, Twitter and other social media.
UCnet is organized into five sections, each with its own distinct focus:
- The Home page serves as UCnet’s “front page,” containing top news about what’s going on at UC and links to important parts of the site.
- The News section offers visitors stories about the university, including a rich selection of news about UC and links to the best current items about UC from news outlets around the world.
- The Working at UC section aims to be a window into the diverse and fascinating community of university employees, including sections on other campuses, wellness and other career-related resources.
- Compensation & Benefits is for users who want information about pay, benefits, how to handle a life event and other employment- or retirement-related matters.
- Tools & Services is the go-to page when searching for a policy, data tools or information about UC’s libraries. The section also contains details on travel services, publishing, research grants and wellness and safety on the job.
For more about UCnet, see Link’s Jan. 27 story.