Updated website puts answers to copyright questions at your fingertips
Questions about copyright? The updated UC Copyright website makes it easier than ever for UC faculty, students and staff to get general guidance on academic uses of copyrighted material and copyright ownership at UC.
The site has been redesigned and refreshed; content is better organized than in the past and the navigation is simpler so that users can find what they’re looking for, all in one place. Updates and new content will be added regularly as needed.
- a section on copyright basics;
- guidance on when and how to obtain permission to use copyrighted materials for research and teaching;
- help interpreting UC’s policies on ownership and use of copyrighted materials;
- UC-endorsed guidelines and best practices; and
- links to other intellectual property resources such as IT policy, patent and tech transfer.
The site was designed to educate the larger UC community about education-related copyright issues and provide information on policies and laws and how to apply them to academic and scholarly work.
The website is sponsored by the Provost’s Systemwide Library and Scholarly Information Advisory Committee (SLASIAC) and maintained by the SLASIAC Standing Subcommittee on Copyright Policy. Please send any inquiries to email@example.com.