Free all week: WorkFit Program resumes with fall session this week
Summer may be coming to a close, but it’s never too late to get fit. UCOP’s WorkFit program returns this week for the fall session, with a try-it-for free week. You don’t need to register, just show up. Find out what your colleagues are buzzing about.
WorkFit instructors can accommodate any skill level, and classes are offered at both Franklin and Kaiser. Three membership options are offered, and family and friends (over age 18) are welcome to join for the same price:
- Full membership, at $50, allows you to attend as many classes as you wish at either location until the end of the session on Dec. 11, 2014.
- Half-session, at $30, allows you to attend as many classes as you wish at either location for the first half of the session through Oct. 16, 2014.
- A second half-session, also at $30, runs from Oct. 20 through Dec. 11, 2014.
The existing class schedule at both locations continues for the fall session. For site calendars and registration information, go to the Risk Services website and locate the PDFs at the bottom of the page.
Remember that your membership allows you to attend as many classes as you like and at either location.
New for this session: Members will be issued ID cards for the session. Starting the week of Sept. 15, please make sure to bring your card to each class.
More about the classes
- Circuit Training focuses on building strength, flexibility and endurance through a series of exercises using items such as weights and stability balls.
- Crazy about Core will help strengthen the body’s center through a combination of mat work, resistance exercise, Pilates, yoga and more.
- Stretch and Release is all about stretching techniques (including yoga), trigger-point muscle release and self-massage, all focused on relieving pain and increasing mobility.
- Yoga cultivates strength, balance and flexibility through a series of fluid movements.
- Zumba is a cardio dance workout to the beat of Latin music.
WorkFit is brought to you by UCOP Risk Services in partnership with UC Berkeley Recreational Sports.
Questions? Contact Janine Crocker at (510) 987-9882 or firstname.lastname@example.org.