OP Staff Assembly elections coming up: Nominate yourself or a colleague
The OP Staff Assembly Steering Committee is seeking nominations for six open seats, which means an opportunity for you to get involved.
Here are just a few of the committee’s many events and accomplishments this year:
- Earth Day clean-up of Channel Park, a segment of the channel between Lake Merritt and the Oakland estuary, which is also a wildlife refuge
- Various brown bags to educate staff on personal and professional concerns
- Mardi Gras mixer, a staff appreciation event offering an opportunity to learn about UCOP’s affinity groups, the Efficiency Review, the staff engagement initiative and the climate engagement council — all while socializing with OP staff
- Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day (co-sponsored with the Family Resource network), which invited children of OP staff to spend a day learning about UC and take part in youth development activities
For more about OPSA, visit their website.
Applications will be accepted from June 5 through June 19. All career staff are eligible to run, and application forms can be found online.
The term is two years, beginning July 15, 2015, and the required time commitment is a minimum of one hour per month at the lunchtime monthly meetings. There are opportunities to take on larger responsibilities, including planning programs and projects or doing communications. It is a good idea for you discuss the time commitment with your supervisor.
Brown bag sessions will be held on Monday, June 8, in Franklin 11326 and Tuesday, June 9, in Kaiser 712. Current steering committee members will be on hand to describe the work of the OP Staff Assembly and answer your questions.
Elections take place from Monday, June 29, through Friday, July 10. More details on the election and how to vote will be announced in the coming weeks.
The OP Staff Assembly is an organization for staff dedicated to promoting the interest and welfare of all career employees. It is affiliated with the Council of UC Staff Assemblies (CUCSA), the systemwide staff group that works on behalf of all staff within and across the UC community.
All career staff employees are members of the OP Staff Assembly and are welcome to attend monthly meetings, held the second Wednesday of each month (see the Link calendar for location).
- Friday, June 5: Application period opens
- Monday, June 8: Brown bag (Franklin 11326)
- Tuesday, June 10: Brown bag (Kaiser 712)
- Friday, June 19: Applications due
- Monday, June 29 through Friday, July 10: Election period for online voting