Fall 2015 WorkFit program resumes Sept. 8
Summer may be over, but it’s never too late to get fit! UCOP’s WorkFit program returns for the Fall 2015 session starting Tuesday, Sept. 8 with a try-it-for-free week. No need to register, just show up!
Three membership options will be offered for the fall 2015 session:
- Full membership: $55 for access to unlimited classes, Sept. 8 through Dec. 10, 2015
- Half-session I: $35 for access to unlimited classes, Sept. 8 through Oct. 22, 2015
- Half-session II: $35 for access to unlimited classes, Oct. 26 through Dec. 10, 2015
Family and friends (age 18 and up) are welcome to join for the same low price!
Membership allows you to attend as many classes as you like at the Franklin and Kaiser buildings.
About the classes
- Circuit training focuses on building strength, flexibility and endurance through a series of exercises using items such as weights and stability balls.
- Crazy About Core helps strengthen the body’s center through a combination of mat work, resistance exercise, Pilates, yoga and more.
- Stretch and Release is all about stretching techniques (including yoga), trigger-point muscle release and self-massage — all focused on relieving pain and increasing mobility.
- Yoga cultivates strength, balance and flexibility through a series of fluid movements.
- Zumba is a cardio-dance workout to the beat of Latin music.
All skill levels are welcome and encouraged!
Find site calendars, location details and registration information here.
New for this session
- Members will be issued ID cards. Starting the week of Sept. 14, please make sure to bring your card to each class.
- An increase in membership fees. A long-term solution to space issues is currently in the making. We have been working with Building Services, and based on current projections, a new space will be available in time for the 2016–17 WorkFit program. The increase in fees will go toward the funding of this new and improved space.
WorkFit is brought to you by UCOP Risk Services in partnership with UC Berkeley Recreational Sports.
Questions? Contact UCOP WorkFit at 510-987-9832 or UCOP-WORKFIT-L@listserv.ucop.edu