Reminder: UCOP Mail Services isn’t for your holiday mail
At this time of year, you’re probably juggling a lot: work, family, entertaining and …shopping. You value convenience, and what could be easier than sending or receiving personal packages at the office?
Stop! UC policy prohibits mail services at any university location from sending or receiving personal packages, just as it prohibits personal use of any UC resource. Since all deliveries must go through the mailroom for security purposes, the policy applies to the U.S. Postal Service, FedEx, UPS and all other courier services.
That doesn’t mean you have to miss a shipment while you’re away from home. Besides asking a friend or neighbor to intercept deliveries, check out these alternative services for sending and receiving packages:
- U.S. Post Office, 1301 Clay St., Oakland
- UPS Store, 1714 Franklin St., Oakland
- Amazon Locker, 4193 Piedmont Ave., Oakland
- FedEx, 1600 63rd, Emeryville
Many services offer customized delivery options when you have a tracking number:
- FedEx Delivery Manager
- U.S. Mail redelivery service
- UPS: Change Your Delivery
- Amazon Locker, where Amazon packages are delivered and stored for pickup