UCOP Staff Development Program accepting applications for 2016
Start the new year in a new direction! Applications are currently being accepted for the 2016 cohort of the UCOP Staff Development Program. The application deadline is Friday, Jan. 22.
Originating in the CFO division in 2012, the Staff Development Program has been so well-received that it is being expanded to include all UCOP divisions. The program offers enhanced development opportunities for individual contributor employees.
The cohort-based program is designed for non-supervisory staff who want to develop additional skills and who are committed to expanding their knowledge into other functional areas of UCOP.
The program will enroll 10 high potential non-supervisory individual contributors, who will be selected through an application process. Potential participants may either be nominated or self-nominate. Please note that supervisor support of the participant’s enrollment is critical for success because of the time requirements and the benefits of ongoing support in applying new skills learned.
To be selected, nominees will:
- Have successfully completed at least one year at UCOP
- Have demonstrated the capability and commitment to grow
- Be able to commit to participating in all sessions
The program will run from Feb. 10 through Aug. 31, 2016. The time commitment will be approximately eight to 16 hours per month.
The program has two primary components:
- The first will be a series of instructor-led workshops, aimed at building certain skills and competencies. These have been developed using UCOP HR Learning and Development standards and are tailored to UCOP’s non-supervisory high potential employees.
- The second will be the completion of a team project, which will consist of solving a real UCOP problem and producing a report to be delivered to the project’s sponsoring senior leader. Examples of past projects include: revision of campus direct billing process, guidelines for a UCOP student internship program and the green department certification program.
To obtain an application form or find out more details, please visit the UCOP Staff Development Program page. For any questions not answered on that page, please contact John Blake in UCOP Learning and Development at 510-587-6258 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications need to be returned to Blake no later than Jan. 22, 2016. Applicants will be notified of the selection decision no later than Jan. 27.