UC seeking employee comments on revisions to staff policies for termination and complaint resolution
The university is proposing revisions to the following Staff Policies:
- PPSM 64 – Termination of Career Employees – Professional & Support Staff
- PPSM 65 – Termination of Career Employees – Managers & Senior Professionals, Salary Grades I through VII
- PPSM 67 – Termination of Career Employees – Managers and Senior Professionals, Salary Grades VIII and IX
- PPSM 70 – Complaint Resolution
- PPSM 71 – Resolution of Concerns – Managers and Senior Professionals, Salary Grades VIII and IX
The proposed revisions are intended to:
- Consolidate the three termination policies into one policy document
- Consolidate the two complaint resolution policies into one policy document
- Add a job abandonment provision to the termination policy
- Align language in the termination and complaint resolution policies with the Career Tracks classification structure
These policies are now open for review and comment by all UC employees. You can review them on UCnet at: http://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/tools-and-services/administrators/policies/proposed/ppsm-64.pdf and http://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/tools-and-services/administrators/policies/proposed/ppsm-70.pdf.
Employees covered by this policy who wish to provide comments on the proposed revisions should submit them to Nancy Pluzdrak, Executive Director, Local Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org by April 22, 2016.