Reminder: Non-supervisory staff should take sexual harassment prevention training by April 8
As announced in a March 24 email from EVP/COO Rachael Nava, the deadline for all non-supervisory staff at UCOP to take required sexual violence/harassment prevention training has been moved up to April 8 (from the original due date of May 1).
Non-supervisory staff must take this training online. Please log on to the UC Learning Center to take the course, “UC Sexual Violence and Sexual Harassment Prevention Training for Staff.” The video-based training should take approximately 50 minutes to complete.
For their training on this subject, faculty and supervisors have a choice of two options:
- A video-based online training delivered through the UC Learning Center which takes approximately two hours to complete.
- A live presentation. The class mixes serious education and learning with humor, entertainment and spirited discussion as professional actors dramatize real-life scenarios that illustrate both overt and subtle forms of sexual harassment. Participants can ask questions and give advice about any of the vignettes. The actors then respond as their characters, and a lively discussion ensues. Space is limited for the live presentation so sign up early for this session:
DATE: April 21
TIME: 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
LOCATION: Franklin Lobby 1
To register for the training:
– Log in to the UC Learning Center
– Type “Sexual Harassment Prevention Training” into the Search box
– Check the session, then click on the Register box and then click Submit
More information about UC’s sexual violence/harassment training:
As part of UC’s efforts to improve prevention of and response to sexual violence and sexual harassment, we have rolled out a comprehensive training program about this issue, to be completed by all UC staff and faculty. Every member of the UC community has a responsibility to make our locations free from sexual violence and sexual harassment. By clearly explaining what is expected of you, this training program will better prepare you to fulfill that obligation.
Effective Jan. 31, 2016, all employees on payroll with active status, regardless of previous training taken, are required to complete training on sexual violence/sexual harassment prevention and response.
- Non-supervisory staff must take this training by April 8, 2016, or within six weeks of beginning work for new hires.
- Faculty and supervisors — who have been required to take such training for several years — will see new, updated content in their training and will maintain their current training schedule.
- Ongoing training for all employees will be required annually.