Spring 2017 Management Skills Assessment Program: Call for nominations
Would you like to gain valuable insight into your management skills and abilities?
If so, consider applying for a spot in this spring’s Management Skills Assessment Program (MSAP). Offered at UC for a number of years, the MSAP assesses the management skills of high potential, early career supervisors and managers for future leadership opportunities at the university.
Applications are currently being accepted for the Spring 2017 program, which is scheduled for April 17-20 at the UCLA Conference Center in Lake Arrowhead. We strongly recommend that department heads discuss the program with supervisors and managers who exhibit potential for management development and encourage them to apply.
Eligibility requirements for participants include:
- Full-time career status with a current performance evaluation of “Meets Expectations” or better
- Designation as a supervisor or manager (with no more than 5 years management experience)
UCOP is allotted two slots for the program. Participants will be selected based on an evaluation of their:
- Career goals in management at UC
- New career supervisors and managers (1-5 years)
- Level of skills essential for performing management functions
- Demonstrated career path and/or strong commitment to management skill development
You can find more information on the MSAP website, including the 2017 online application form. Completed applications (including both the employee and supervisor components) must be submitted online by 5 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 26, 2017.
The cost for the program is $1,095, which includes all program materials and the hotel stay, but not transportation costs. Departments of those selected will be charged.
For more information, please contact John Blake at 510-587-6258 or email@example.com.