UC’s Climate Lab video series garners millions of viewers, media attention
On April 19, UC launched an innovative new six-episode video series on climate change, Climate Lab, created by UCOP’s Communications and Marketing team in partnership with Vox Media. Hosted by conservation scientist and UCLA Visiting Researcher Dr. M. Sanjayan, the videos covered a usually overwhelming topic by breaking it down into short segments designed to engage and inspire viewers.
Now that all six videos have been released, it’s time to celebrate the incredible success of the series:
- The six videos have received over 3.5 million views on YouTube and over 1 million views on Facebook for a grand total of over 4.6 million views and counting!
- They have been featured in media outlets such as New York Magazine, Men’s Journal, Education Week and Politico CA Playbook.
- Host Sanjayan was interviewed about the series on CBS This Morning.
- The videos have resonated with social influencers, generating tweets from NASA, Van Jones, Radiolab and Bobak Ferdowsi.
- During the six weeks that the videos were being released one-by-one, the Climate Lab webpage was the most popular landing page systemwide other than university’s home page.
In case you missed any of them, you can watch all six episodes of the video series on the Climate Lab website: climate.universityofcalifornia.edu. Discussing everything from clean energy to food, religion to smartphones, they feature interviews with experts, scientists, thought leaders and activists, including many researchers and experts in our UC community.