Your top lunch spots revealed
The votes are in!
About 150 UCOP staff members took last week’s online poll, casting their votes for the best lunch spots in nearly a dozen categories. See which restaurants prevailed and how your favorite fared! And don’t forget to read your colleagues’ comments on our last story to see additional recommendations.
1. Best sandwiches: Ratto’s International Deli and Market, 821 Washington St.
2. Best Mexican food: Cosecha, 907 Washington St.
3. Best noodle soup shop: Sobo Ramen, 988 Franklin St.
4. Best salads: Cafe Gabriela, 988 Broadway
5. Best burger: True Burger, 146 Grand Ave.
6. Best Old Oakland Farmers Market food stand: Cholita Linda, 9th St. between Washington and Clay
7. Best place for a business lunch: Mockingbird, 416 13th St.
8. Other personal favorites: Miss Ollie’s, 901 Washington St.
9. Best vegetarian food: Golden Lotus Vegan Restaurant, 1301 Franklin St.
10. Best place to get your coffee fix: Modern Coffee, 411 13th St.
11. Best ice cream/gelato: Cookiebar Creamery, 517 8th St.
Credit for photo on Link homepage: iStock