Find out about Toastmasters at Nov. 1 open house
“The Lakeside Speakeasy Toastmasters group provides a sense of community and support, a safe environment in which to stretch and grow.”
“Thanks to practice and coaching, I have less fear and more freedom when I speak extemporaneously. The butterflies are still there but they are learning to fly in formation.”
These testimonials from two UCOP participants reveal the power of Toastmasters to ease the fears of public speaking. Toastmasters clubs offer affordable communication and leadership training in a friendly and supportive environment.
If you’d like to feel more confident speaking up in groups, the local Lakeside Speakeasy Toastmasters chapter is offering an open house to give you an idea of what their meetings are like:
- Date: Thursday, Nov. 1
- Time: 12–1 p.m.
- Location: Kaiser 712
Six reasons you should consider Toastmasters:
- Overcome public speaking fears; find your voice!
- Refine your communication skills: learn how to speak to inform, inspire and entertain
- Develop your skills for both providing and receiving constructive feedback
- Practice thinking on your feet
- Develop self-confidence and poise in a supportive environment
- Polish your leadership skills
Questions? Contact Elisa Tang at Elisa.Tang@ucop.edu or 510-987-0701.