Welcoming new OP Staff Assembly Steering Committee members

Continuing OPSA Steering Committee members, from left to right. Front row: Nikki Lopez and Carol Lake. Back row: Bobby Cook, Angela Hom, Sylvia Bhatia, Juliann Martinez, Allison Hill.

Congratulations to the three newest members of the OP Staff Assembly Steering Committee, Stacey McClain, Sabrin Said and Sujit Thapa! The three were elected on June 14, 2019, by UCOP colleagues in an online election.

Message from the Steering Committee Chair

The following message is from Sylvia Bhatia, chair of the OP Staff Assembly Steering Committee.

Congratulations new OPSA steering committee members! Thank you for offering your support and joining us on our mission to promote the interest and welfare of all UCOP staff employees.

On behalf of the OPSA steering committee, I wish you all a warm welcome. We are looking forward to doing impactful things together throughout fiscal year 2020 that will make a difference and foster a strong community.

• OPSA Social: Have fun while networking with fellow colleagues at social events, including our annual Mardi Gras Celebration (Friday, February 21, 2020) and our annual Staff Appreciation Event (Monday, May 11, 2020).
  • OPSA Career: Look out for professional development and enrichment opportunities for staff.
  • Staff representation: Your OPSA Steering Committee will continue communications with UCOP administration and members of the UC community on matters of interest to all staff.

Welcome!
Sylvia Bhatia
OPSA Chair, FY20

Meet the newest the Steering Committee members

Stacey McClain, Benefits Operations Associate, Benefits (UC Path Center)

I’m looking forward to becoming more involved here at the UCPath Center and building strong relationships with fellow OPSA Steering Committee members in all UCOP locations. I am an action-oriented person by nature, and look forward to helping make positive changes at UCPath and throughout UCOP.

Sabrin Said, Administrator of Academic Services, Academics (UCDC)

I have a tremendous opportunity to serve as a liaison between my colleagues here at UCDC and those at other UCOP locations. UCDC’s geographic distance from UCOP headquarters often makes us feel disconnected, yet we have a common interest in the issues that OPSA advocates for — financial-planning resources, education benefits, onboarding support, etc. While OPSA’s advocacy has led to many resources, I believe there is still work to be done to ensure that they are accessible to employees at all locations.

Sujit Thapa, Policy and Program Analyst, Student Affairs (UCOP Oakland)

Through my diverse academic and professional background and experiences, I plan to bring new perspectives to build on the OPSA Steering Committee’s efforts to make UCOP a great place to work. As I recently served on the organizing team for “Take Your Daughters and Sons to Work Day,” I believe I will provide valuable insight and experience for planning employee events. I look forward to listening to staff concerns and working with the committee to develop relevant, interesting activities that will support staff career growth and work-life balance.

Tags: