UCLA Chancellor Gene Block to chat with UCOP staff
Chancellor Chats — a popular speaker series in which UC chancellors take turns engaging UCOP staff in friendly, informal conversations — will host UCLA Chancellor Gene Block on Wednesday, October 2. Attend in person or via Zoom to learn about his priorities, challenges and experience in office.
A first-gen college graduate, Chancellor Block was appointed chancellor in August of 2007, and has defined academic excellence, civic engagement, diversity and financial security as top priorities for his administration.
Sponsored by the OP Staff Assembly, this interactive event will give UCOP staff members an opportunity to get to know Chancellor Block. Staff can ask questions about his interests and experiences during an open question and answer session.
What: Chancellor Chat: UCLA Chancellor Gene Block
When: Wednesday, October 2, 3-4 p.m.
In person: Oakland Franklin building, Lobby 1
- Webinar ID: 122 450 562
- Phone: +1 (669) 900-6833 or +1 (646) 876-9923
- iPhone one-tap: +16699006833,122450562# or +16468769923,122450562#
- International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/awkF1rsj0
Save the date for more Chancellor Chats
- Wednesday, November 6 — Chancellor May, UC Davis
- Wednesday, January 8 — Chancellor Gillman, UC Irvine
- Wednesday, February 5 — Chancellor Khosla, UC San Diego
- Wednesday, March 4 — Chancellor Hawgood, UCSF
- Wednesday, April 1 — UC Merced (New chancellor to be named)
- Wednesday, May 6 — Chancellor Yang, UC Santa Barbara
Questions? Contact Link.Tags: Chancellor Chat, event, OPSA, UCLA