Help keep UCOP pest-free
The Building and Administrative Services Center (BASC) has received reports of rodents and insects in UCOP buildings. Although BASC is working diligently to eliminate them through certified pest-extermination vendors, please take the following steps to help:
- Dry up rodent water sources — do not leave open bottles at your desk and clean spills as quickly as possible.
- Secure any rubbish, especially food waste, in metal or hard plastic containers.
- Do not leave cakes, cookies or other employee-shared snacks out overnight, as these can be highly attractive to rodents and other pests.
- Please keep any food in the kitchen rather than in your desk; alternately, store any food at your desk in pest-resistant containers.
- Keep an eye out for signs of reinvasion.
For questions or to report pests, please contact Chief Building/Security Manager Roman Starno.Tags: BASC, pest control, pests, ucop admin