Get ready: Performance Appraisal Mid-Year Check-In Process
The Performance Appraisal Mid-Year Check-In Process opened on Nov. 6 and will continue through Dec. 20, 2019.
The Mid-Year Check-In is an excellent opportunity to sit down with your manager (and employees, if applicable) to:
- Review goals to ensure that everything is on track
- Determine next steps and support needed to meet goals
- Provide feedback on achievements and coaching for development
- Discuss professional learning and/or resources needed for growth and development
The three-step process remains the same as last year.
- Each employee enters/updates goals in Halogen, My Performance Goals pages. Please read on for goal-setting support. (Note: Employees must have goals in Halogen or the manager form will open blank.)
- Managers document the employees’ goals and compliance-training progress via the Halogen form.
- Each employee receives the form, updates their goals as needed and signs to verify that they received the form.
Live training in December
If you could use some additional help with the Mid-Year Check-In Process, consider signing up for an upcoming live training with members of the UCOP Learning and Development team. Select each course name below to register.
UCOP Halogen for Beginners
Franklin & Online
Monday, Dec. 2, 11:15 a.m. – 12 p.m.
UCOP Halogen for Managers
Franklin & Online
Tuesday, Dec. 10, 2:15 – 3 p.m.
Online tools and training
Both employees and supervisors/managers can access dates, information, short online trainings, job-aids and sample forms on the Performance Management Page.
E-courses available in the UC Learning Center (UCLC):
- “How to write Smart Goals” (pdf)
- “How to change and edit goals in Halogen (pdf)
- “UCOP Creating Smart goals and entering goals in Halogen” (Learning Center course)
During the Town Hall on Oct. 1, 2019, we shared that the FY19/20 Annual Performance Appraisal Process will be completed in Halogen utilizing a much more streamlined form. Therefore, we will be closing the FY18/19 Annual Performance Process on Nov. 18, 2019, to prepare for the Mid-Year Check-In Process. If you have not finalized your review from the most recent performance appraisal cycle, please do so.
For questions about this process, please contact Nancy.Pluzdrak@ucop.edu, or your Human Resources Business Partner. If you need assistance with the Halogen site contact email@example.com. Access Halogen here.Tags: HR, performance appraisals, reviews