10 reasons to get excited for LinkedIn Learning
All UCOP employees will soon gain access to LinkedIn Learning — an enhanced version of Lynda.com. Here are 10 great reasons why you should start getting excited now about this robust online professional development platform:
- Access via your single sign-on.You don’t need a LinkedIn account to get started! You’ll simply sign into the online platform using your usual login for UCOP accounts.
- Learn anytime, from any device. Start a course on a desktop device and finish it on your smartphone. Bookmark courses on your phone and watch them on your computer.
- Access courses even when you’re offline. Simply download courses to your mobile device to view instruction while you’re offline. Make time for learning during your commute!
- Learn from industry experts. Stream LinkedIn Learning courses taught by passionate instructors with real-world experience.
- Experience learning tailored to you.LinkedIn Learning provides personalized course recommendations based on your job title, skills, experience and goals.
- Discover bite-size learning. All LinkedIn Learning courses are broken into short videos, so you can focus on a key topic of interest. Dedicate 10 minutes each day to learning something new.
- Make learning social. Do you have colleagues with similar learning interests? Pair up! Choose a LinkedIn Learning course, watch it and discuss.
- Continually updated catalog. On average, LinkedIn Learning publishes 25 courses each week. Wondering what’s new and interesting? Filter for the most recent using the main search bar.
- Earn LinkedIn certificates. If you choose to link your personal LinkedIn account to LinkedIn Learning, certificates for any courses you’ve completed will be visible on your personal LinkedIn profile.
- Diversify your skills. Always wanted to learn graphic design, data analysis or business writing, but haven’t had the time? LinkedIn Learning has an array of courses in virtually every field of study.
Stay tuned to Link for roll-out details, including training and support. And, check out these frequently asked questions.Tags: Learning and development, LinkedIn Learning, professional development