Oakland office consolidation update
Despite extraordinary circumstances, we’ve continued to make progress on our Oakland office consolidation. The temporary halt in construction has moved the completion of the 1100 Broadway building from June 1 to September 1, 2020. We are planning to make up time, however, by accelerating renovations in the Franklin building while we work from home.
We are working with departments to integrate their move with our COVID-19-related planning. For moves taking place while we work from home, we will coordinate with staff to manage the relocation. In the meantime, several additional preparations are underway, including:
- Department move coordinators (DMCs): Division leaders have appointed move coordinators to facilitate move preparation and relocation. DMCs will receive an orientation and resources starting in May and staff will learn who their coordinator is and how to work with them to ensure a smooth transition.
- Space assignments: Division leaders are in the process of determining specific department and staff locations, which will be shared by your leaders when available.
- Parking: Parking options and pricing will be restructured with the addition of parking at 1100 Broadway. Details will be provided in the coming months.
- Franklin Lobby 2 conference room, mailroom and work management center renovation: Work is in progress; completion is expected by July 1, 2020.
- New conference room reservation system: We will be launching the new Event Management System (EMS), which works seamlessly with Outlook and will replace the current room reservation process. More information and training will be provided before we return to the office.
As we know more, we will keep you up to date. If you have questions, please talk with your supervisor or email the UCOP Office Consolidation team at firstname.lastname@example.org.Tags: office consolidation